Small group cultural immersion holidays in Northern and Southern India
There’s no better way to visit a far-flung destination than with a passionate and experienced guide. A native Malayali speaker who grew up in India, alongside her Keralan family, Pure Kerala Tours guide Mary returns to her roots, leading intimate group tours of up to eight people through Northern and Southern India.
We offer three irresistible itineraries, all of which have been designed with you in mind. Travel slowly, soak up unfamiliar sights and sounds and dive deep into the fascinating culture of this wonderfully diverse part of the world. From UNESCO World Heritage sites to abandoned stepwells, from Rajasthani feasts to local spice markets and from traditional homestays to serene lakeside resorts, enjoy the full authentic experience with Mary and Pure Kerala Tours.
Central to all three tours is the beautiful region of Kerala, which is deservedly ranked as one of the 10 Best Paradises by National Geographic Traveller, and listed as one of their 50 Must-See Places of a Lifetime. From soothing boat rides on glistening waterways to picking fresh tea leaves with the locals, your memories from this special corner of the world are guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Complemented by Mary’s local knowledge and family secrets
Small group tours
Travel with a maximum of eight like-minded people
Tours open to all
Whether you’re based in Australia, New Zealand and beyond
What Mary can offer
- Flexible itineraries that dive deep into Indian culture
- Bespoke journeys to suit your personal preferences and comfort level
- Boutique accommodation serving authentic vegetarian dishes
- Safe and comfortable travel by air, water and in air-conditioned vehicles
- Scenic drives past waterfalls and tea, cardamom and coffee estates
- Visits to iconic monuments, temples and forts with knowledgeable guides
- Eco-style trips through Kerala’s famous backwaters
- Indian art, traditional dance and theatre experiences
- Ayurveda and yoga in traditional Kerala style homes
- Silk and cotton weaving workshops and traditional pottery villages
- We travel between the months of November to April yearly
- We arrange flights, coordinate pre-trip information and get-togethers and provide online travel advice
- Most importantly, we will take you on a truly unique and memorable journey!