Inclusions & Exclusions
The price of your trip includes:
- All accommodation and transport as listed in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to places of interest and outside meals.
- Services of a group leader. Assistance with Guides in historical places.
The price of your trip does not include:
- International or internal flights unless specified.
- Airport transfers if not travelling with the group; taxes and excess baggage charges.
- Meals other than those specified in the itinerary.
- Visa and passport fees.
- Travel insurance.
- Optional activities and all personal expenses.
Accommodation & Food
Accommodation and Rooms
- You will be staying in a variety of heritage Keralan homes, boutique hotels, and hotels.
- Costs for rooms are based on two people sharing a room.
- On rare occasions single rooms may or may not be available.
Food on Tour
- Generally, vegetarian food will be served.
- Seafood and meat dishes will be served as per homestay hosts.
- If you have any dietary intolerances, allergies, or specific dietary requirements please inform.
Flexibility around Our Itinerary
Extra Accommodation | Before or After Your Trip
- Additional night’s accommodation before or after your trip must be booked no later than two weeks prior to departure.
- Extra nights are subject to availability.
Only Doing Part of the Trip
- There will be no reimbursement for any portion of the trip unused.
- If you let us know before travel that you’ll be arriving late or need to leave before the trip ends, we will endeavour to best accommodate your requirements.
Flights, Passports & Transfers
Best value international and internal local airfares will always be considered and arranged for you where possible.
Passport and Visas
- A valid passport and visa is compulsory for India.
- Your name on your flight booking must be exactly the same as in your passport.
- A minimum of six months validity is an entry requirement for many countries.
- Assistance with visas will be given through an appointed travel agent if required.
- Airport transfers will be arranged on the proviso that the group arrives and returns together.
- Additional charges may apply otherwise if your arrival and departure dates are different.
- A minimum of two weeks’ notice must be given to arrange separate transfers.
- Please provide up-to-date flight details so bookings can be attended to appropriately.
- If flights en route are delayed or there are changes, please advise as soon as possible, so the local operator can adjust their pick up schedule accordingly.
Deposits & Payments
Payment of a Deposit & Booking Confirmation
- A non-refundable deposit of AU$250 per person is required for your booking to be confirmed.
- Full payment of your booking is required 90 days prior to departure.
- You will be issued with a confirmation invoice. On receipt of your invoice, please view and check our bank account details, to ensure any potential discrepancies can be resolved.
- A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice. Your invoice will also include dates and details regarding you required final payment/s.
- If your booking is made within 90 days of departure the full amount is payable at the time of booking. Please note that an increased cancellation fee applies.
- If your balance is not paid on or before the due date, your booking will be cancelled.
Medical & Travel Insurance
- A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- It is important to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions.
- It would be essential to get complete clearance from your GP.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all our trips.
- Your travel insurance must cover medical expenses including emergency repatriation, personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
- Please ensure you arrange the best possible level of insurance.
- We recommend you take out insurance at the time of booking to protect your trip payment in the event of an unexpected cancellation.
Safety and Emergency Contact
- In case of an emergency, please let Mary know the name and phone number of two people we can contact.
- Please leave a copy of your travel itinerary, flight details, and the emergency phone numbers with your family or friends at home.
- Register your travel plans with your government travel authority and keep up-to-date if there are any events or developments in the places you’ll be visiting.
Final Documents Before Tour Begins
- About 30 days before departure, we will send by email, information about your tour and your final documents, plus notification of any additional payments required.
- Please check through your documents to make sure all details are correct for your Travel & Medical Insurance.
Cancellation by the Traveller
- If you cancel some or all portions of your booking, cancellation fees will apply.
- A written confirmation of the cancellation is required.
What to Bring
- Light clothing, made of easy to wash material.
- A light sweater which may be needed, as it can get cold in the mountain areas.
- Mosquito repellents, first aid medications.
- Note: Most things can be easily purchased in Kerala.
Private Group Tours
If you and a group of friends or colleagues desire your own personally designed itinerary, please contact us. We can happily tailor an itinerary just for you and your friends.
- Dates, itineraries and prices are valid from 1 July 2018 until 30 March 2019
- Beyond these dates itineraries and prices are a guide only.